Saturday, July 27, 2013

Peaches!


Tom and I had bought a white peach tree two years ago, and this spring it started producing fruit! Tom is so proud of his tree and harvests it daily, leaves mounds of peaches on the dining room table just for me. Today I looked at the full table and decided it was time to take care of them.

I washed them all up, cut them in quarters, sugared them, and bagged them up for the freezer. The bad parts were sent out to the goats and chickens who wait so anxiously for me to come with the rotten fruit. So it's a win win on the farm!

Tom wants me to make a peach cobbler tonight, so instead of the Pioneer Woman's cobbler, I'm using my mom's recipe. I love it! I shared it awhile ago on here, but I'll share it again!

Mom's Peach Cobbler (I hope this isn't a secret recipe mom, sorry!)
  • 1 1/2 sticks of butter
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 quart (4 cups) peaches
  • 1 cup milk
Melt butter in a 9x13 dish. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and add to the butter. Set the drained peaches on top of mixture, don't stir.
Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.

It's buttery deliciousness! Maybe I'll make this for lunch instead, just writing out the recipe made my tummy growl!

Oh and to top off this post, here's a picture of Heston saying "hi!". I've been starting to feed him breakfast, lunch, and dinner to get him weaned! So he's loving big boy food!


The Farmer's Wife





No comments: