Friday, July 19, 2013

A Trip to Modesto for Grandma's Birthday

Last week was my mom's birthday so Heston and I ventured up north to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Modesto.





Upon my arrival, it was definitely swimming time! I forgot how much fun a pool is! My mom had bought Hes the cutest little floaty canopy and since it was his first time in a pool (well, a big one) it was picture time! Here he is surveying the water, and trying to drink it at times. And he always made sure to watch where Grandma was.

 The next day I talked Uncle Zak and Grandma into going to FunWorks and racing some go-carts! Since there were 3 of us we took turns watching Heston. The whole time while we were racing Heston played with his stroller wheels-all of them. First he turned the back ones then he moved on to the front one. He was completely entertained!




 After racing we went inside and Heston rode a Ferrari! I took a video of him. He sure knows how to grab onto a wheel with both hands. I had to prop him up a little bit since the forward and backward motion of the ride had him a little off balance.







The next day was the big yardsale that my mom prepares for annually. It was also her birthday and Mary (our dear family friend) bought a balloon to celebrate the occasion. This balloon was the best thing to happen to Heston! He played with it for so long.  I had to snap a few pictures, it was just too cute.



The day after the yardsale we decided to head to the county fair. I had grabbed an apple to snack on, and after watching Heston eye it, I let him nibble off of it. He loved his apple. He almost nibbled it to the core!

At the fair we got to see animals, tractors, rides and so much more. I realized after I got home that I totally forgot to take pictures of Hes at the fair, all I got were pictures of Heston sitting with Grandma and Grandpa on the shuttle to the fairgrounds. Oh well! You can't win 'em all.

What a fun and adventurous week with Grandma and Grandpa!

The Farmer's Wife



No comments: