Monday, July 30, 2012

Banana Cake

I do this every time- buy bananas and then a week later realize they're rotting on my counter top, blast! What to do with these over ripe bananas....

My good friend Mary Beth makes the most delicious banana cake with cream cheese frosting, and I've been craving it for months, so I found a similar recipe on Pinterest and decided to make it a couple weeks ago. It wasn't just like Mary Beth's, but it was still as delicious and satisfied my banana craving for the day.

So with two days till my due date I find my rotting bananas, and I figured there's no time like the present to make these things! Here's the recipe if you want to try it out. It's just for an 8x8 size which is all Tom and I really need. It's different from banana bread in that it's gooier and has sour cream and more sugar so it's a little more like cake. Try it out!

The Farmer's Wife

No comments: