Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Pattys Day

I told my husband to smile, and this was his "my mouth is full of food, but here's your smile" smile. Great.

Since my husband looks a little on the Irish side, (I was going for the Notre Dame fighting Irish logo) St. Patty's Day is always a big deal around the house.

Here's his menu for the night:
  • corned beef
  • mashed potatoes
  • stuffed bell peppers
  • biscuits
  • shamrock shakes for dessert

I have to admit, this dinner was pretty good. My secret for the corned beef is having it in the slow cooker all day in Guinness the dark ale with about a half cup of brown sugar sprinkled all over the meat, so good!

I told Tom to savor this St. Patty's Day since next year I"ll have a baby on my hip, and I'm just not sure how spoiled he'll get. He wasn't amused.

The Farmer's Wife

No comments: