Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Juicing Wonder!

For Christmas last year my parents bought Tom and I this wonderful juicer. My mom showed me how to use it and and we made juice the first week of January. I have grown up juicing with my parents and love it, it's just making the time to work it (I know that sounds like a total excuse).

Last week I watched the movie "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" about these overweight men who decide to juice their diet. I decided that since I'm preggie and want to do the best for my body and baby that I'd whip out this juicer and get to work!

I'm not a huge fan of the taste, so I decided to kick it up a notch, I put half a lemon in the juicer with 4 granny smith apples, and 3 carrots, wow delicious! It tastes like lemonade, I could hardly taste the rest of the goodies, and get this-even Tom seemed to like it! Mission complete! So needless to say I've been making juice for weeks, putting in anything from kale, to celery, to my mushy strawberries!

I'd recommend juicing, it makes me feel like I'm putting such good stuff into my body, and baby seems to like it too!

The Farmer's Wife

No comments: