Friday, January 6, 2012

Pistol Annies Concert

And so it is with my friend Jocelyn, yes the photographer, that she talked me into going to a concert with her. This is proof that I actually dress up and go out on the town sometimes....

I had never really heard of Pistol Annies, but she reassured me they were really good, so good in fact, that the tickets sold out in 4 minutes, and she just happened to be one of the first in line.
So I went with Jocelyn and her sis and mom, and oh heavens! I love them!

In my college years, I found a song by Ashley Monroe and told all my roomies about what a great singer she was, and then I didn't really hear much more about her. Well Pistol Annies is comprised of three singers: Ashley Monroe, Miranda Lambert, and Angaleena Presley. They sang amazingly together.

This concert was about a month ago, and I just now downloaded some of their songs, I love the sound, it's really bluegrass, white trash country, my perfect combo. So Jocelyn, you can drag me to whatever concert you want!

And did I mention that as we were sitting in our seats at the Crystal Palace, the three girls were about 5 feet away from us listening to the opening band?! I think I peed my pants a little, so close and yet so far away! What a night. Thanks Jocelyn!

The Farmer's Wife

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There will definitely be more concerts in our future! - Jocelyn