Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dreaming of the Country


I can't believe I haven't been sharing my stories lately. My husband is now a full time farmer, and we're loving every minute of it! We are getting our goat shed ready for our full time lawn mowers. We're also disking up the back field to plant our annual garden, let's see if I can make things grow!

I thought that I would share one of my pictures that I found the other day. This was my very first replacement heifer that I raised for FFA. Her name was Trixie. She was pretty unique. I had a total of 3 heifers in 2 years. My luck with cattle was no bueno! But boy is it fun to raise an animal for the fair!

As I think back, I remember, even when I took this picture, that I wanted to live a country life. I had no idea of how I could do it, but look at me now! Equipped with cowboy boots and tons of patience, I'm trying to bloom where I'm planted.

Until next time,
The Farmer's Wife

No comments: