Thursday, June 21, 2012

Squishy Squash

My wonderful husband is very proud of his garden each year. This year with the weather being weird-hot and cold-we didn't know how good the production would be.

We still haven't finished planting the garden, we're hoping to do more okra, eggplant, and peppers.

I've been watering the garden religiously for months, weeding and powdering for buggies. Today I went out and actually looked at the garden and the plants individually. I must be a true blonde because there before my eyes were these huge squash just hanging out on the plants. I forgot how fast squash/zucchini grows! There were at least 2 veggies a plant. So I harvested, and guess what we're gonna start having every night for dinner, you guessed it, squash! Tom's gonna love this!

The Farmer's Wife

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Have you made mom's dish yet with the cheese and egg?