Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Berries!

After trying countless times to grow berries from a single stick (well it was an actual cutting) I pulled them out and went to True Value and bought berries that were already started, imagine that!

I bought raspberries, boysenberries, grapes, and blueberries. With the weather still warm in these later months, the berries have started to flourish.

This picture is actually the boysenberry, yes I thought they were raspberries ( I forgot where I planted what) and imagine my surprise at the tart taste! Wow, that was a pucker moment.

I did however find the dark boysenberries and while I was gardening, continued to pop them in my mouth, they were absolutely delicious! I saved two for Tom to eat when he came home last night, and he agrees! We'll just have to wait a couple more weeks to collect enough for a pie!

The Farmer's Wife

1 comment:

Mike said...

That makes my mouth water Sis! What a beautiful garden.