Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chickies & Kitties















Here they are! The newest additions to our farm.

Tom and I happened to come home a day early from our annual getaway, only to be greeted by some very loud chirps, and quiet hungry kitty meows.

I had given up on hatching out chicks since I assumed they would all hatch in the spring, so I'm definitely excited to have 3 little chickies running around, and the mother hen is oh so proud. Its so true to use the phrase "mother hen" she poofs out her feathers and protects those chickies will all she's got!

There are 5 kittens, and I don't know who the father is (what a floozy mama kitty), but they sure are cute. What a tiring job for a mama cat, her first batch was only 3, now 5, whew!

The Farmer's Wife

1 comment:

Mandi said...

They might get the wrong idea, like maybe you are a flooseh!